Dear Terra Verde Family,
We will be hosting our second annual Green Gala on the evening of Saturday, April 23rd at the Sam Noble Museum of Natural History. This special adults-only event will include dinner, dancing, and mingling. The highlight of the evening will be a live auction for a vacation package in Colorado and all of the amazing collaborative art pieces created by Terra Verde students, including a school quilt. There will be a silent auction for class baskets and donated items/services. There will be a raffle for a weeklong vacation in Costa Rica…you do NOT have to be present to win so spread the flier far and wide to everyone in your email contacts! The proceeds from this fundraiser will support our operating budget (see 2016 Green Gala Fund Allocation for more details).
Here are a few ways you can support the cause:
- Attend the event!
- Purchase event and raffle tickets. People can choose a “bill me later” option, mail in a check, pay online via Square, or send money in their child’s folder. See purchase order form below.
- Invite your family and friends!
- Contribute an item or two to your child’s class basket.
- Donate an item or service for the silent auction, or ask a local business to donate (Tax deductible Giving Letter tells about our wonderful school and can be handed to local businesses). $500 plus donations will get a tree planted/dedicated in Terra Verde’s new orchard!
- Ideas for Donations: Be creative! Are you a photographer? Donate a photo session! Are you an amazing organizer? Donate four hours of your time organizing someone’s closet or office.Don’t want to donate your own goods or services? Ask a friend who owns a business to donate a package. Ask a friend who owns a restaurant to give a gift card. Other ideas: Anything signed by a celebrity, Artwork, Classes with Expert’s time and talent (cooking class, painting class, fishing guide, organizing a closet or office, x hours of handyman work, lawn care, cupcakes for a birthday party, hairstyle package, massage, etc.), Unique experience for children (host a birthday party at Gymboree, tour the fire station, etc.). Talk to your child’s teacher for ideas or Email Kate Haas with questions.
We’re so excited for this wonderful event with our favorite people!